<![CDATA[Most web marketers know what the meta description is, but for those who don't, the meta description is a snippet of the HTML code that lives inside the <head> section of a web page and is displayed beneath the title tag in the Search Engine Results Pages. Many years ago, the content found in a meta description could help influence the ranking of a web page, however today, none of the search engines use it as a ranking signal. So, if the search engines don't use the meta description as a ranking signal, why are we writing a post about optimizing the meta description? There are two elements of a meta description that you need to be mindful of due to their ability to help increase the number of visitors who come to your website from the SERPs.
LEARN THE BASICS
- What Role Does Your Ad Creative Play in Getting Conversions?
- GA4 For Shopify: What is Google Analytics 4 & How Can It Help My Ecommerce Business?
- eCommerce Black Friday & Cyber Monday Digital Marketing Strategy 2022
- What Is a Performance Max Campaign & Is It Right For Your Ecommerce Business?
- How To Grow & Sustain Your D2C Ecommerce Brand Without Promotions Or Sales
blogging branding buyer personas content content creation content curation content marketing content promotion content strategy customer acquisition digital marketing ecommerce ecommerce marketing ecommerce seo email marketing Facebook Facebook Ads Google+ Google Ads google adwords google shopping guest blogging inbound marketing influencer marketing influencers instagram keyword research link building meta description mobile Pinterest ppc product listing ads retargeting ads schema search engine optimization seo social media social media marketing social media strategy storytelling strategy Twitter video marketing WordPress